How is the concept of Latinx (im)migration visually portrayed in the documentaries of our corpus?
In these documentaries, when does a migrant from Latin America become a Latinx?
Which documentaries are likely to be picked up by a channel, receive funding, etc.?
What do documentaries about Latinx migration to the US convey to their audience?
LENGTH OF THE PROJECT (YEARS)
DOCUMENTARIES TO ANALYZE
LATINO COMMUNITIES FEATURED
DISSEMINATION EFFORTS SO FAR (conferences, events, articles, etc.)
Between October 2017 and October 2021, the ÉXODOCS team aims to:
- * establish a transcontinental network of researchers
- * complete a research stay in the US
- * publish articles
- * participate in science popularization efforts
- * give conference presentations
- * organize academic events
- * produce a PhD dissertation
- * raise awareness on (Latin American) migration to the US
fields of research