How is the concept of (im)migration visually portrayed in the documentaries of our corpus?
In these documentaries, when does a migrant from Latin-America become a Latin@?
Which documentaries are the most likely to be picked up by a channel, to receive funding, etc.?
What do documentaries about LatinX migration to the US convey to their audience?
Between October 2017 and October 2021, the ÉXODOCS team aims to:
- * establish a transcontinental network of researchers
- * complete a research stay in the US
- * publish articles
- * participate in science popularization efforts
- * give conference presentations
- * organize academic events
- * produce a PhD dissertation
- * raise awareness on (Latin American) migration to the US